Don Barnes’ Readers Indigestion column appears weekly in the Journal. The Journal does not endorse or support the opinions reflected in the column.
By DON BARNES
In this column last week I stated that Barack Obama would be reelected as president of the United States. He will win a second term! The mainstream media will not tell you this because these elections mean hundreds of millions (or in the case of Obama billions) of dollars to them in advertising.
But, according to Dr. Walter Williams, who is a black man and has taught at several American universities, “there simply are no conditions under which Barak Obama can be defeated in 2012.”
Dr. Williams claims that it does not matter who the republican candidate is, the high unemployment rate will not matter, gasoline prices nearing $5 per gallon will not be a factor, the economy plunges into the gutter and even with war in the Middle East, he still wins another term.
Here are some of Dr. Willams statements to support that Obama will get a second term. America’s role as a super power is disappearing thanks to Obama. The United States rushes toward bankruptcy and the dollar continues to sink on world markets, the prices of goods and services soar due to inflation fueled by Obama’s extraordinary deficit spending.
Dr. Williams says “the American people are for the most part ignorant about economics”! Yet, “economics should be the key to why Obama should be defeated”. He goes on to give the following reasons why Obama will be re-elected:
1. “Black people will vote for him. Period. Does not matter what he does. It’s a race thing. He’s one of us.”
2. He will garner the votes of college educated women who may be offended by this, but, are impressed by his speaking ability.
3. Liberals will vote for him because he is their great hope.
4. Democrats will vote for him because he is the leader of their party.
5. Hispanics will vote for Obama. He is their path to citizenship for illegal immigrants and Hispanic leaders carry a lot of clout with him.
6. Union members will vote overwhelmingly for Obama. He is their key to money and power in business, state and local politics.
7. “Big business will support Obama. They already have and he has almost one billion dollars in his campaign chest, coming from big business connections. They love him because he gives them access to taxpayers money as long as they support his social and political agenda.”
8. The media love him. They may attack the people who work for him, but they love him because after all to not love him would be racist.
9. Most other minorities and special interest groups will vote for him. “Oddly, the overwhelming majority of Jews and Muslims will vote for him because they won’t vote Republican. He will get the homosexual votes because of his party.”
10. Approximately half of independents will vote for him. And, he really does not need them because he has all the other aforementioned groups in his corner. Dr. Williams says in summary “The President will win an overwhelming victory in 2012.”
Remember folks, these comments come from an Economics professor, Dr. Walter Willams, an African-American. Dr. Williams goes on to say “if congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty-million invaders called illegals, and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the United States of America as we now know it in less than five years.”
“Apathy”, the thoughts that as an individual there is nothing you can do to change the political situation or that your vote does not count, “is the greatest danger to our freedom”. Pray hard and vote smart and always remember our National motto: “In God We Trust” and we will need Him!
Here are a few “tidbits” of some things gleaned from the Internet: Prayer is not a “spare wheel” that you pull out when in trouble; it is a “steering wheel” that directs us in the right path towards life. A car’s windshield is so much larger and the rear view mirror so small, because our past is not as important as our future. So look ahead and move on. Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s “troubles”, it takes away today’s “peace”!
If you have comments or questions please drop me a line by “snail mail” or email. Don Barnes P.O. Box 602 Poteau, OK 74953 OR [email protected]