OKAHOMA CITY–Two Oncue Express locations #108 and #103 had a skimmer put on one of the pumps and was found by law enforcement and
the Shell Station at 501 S Meridian (I-40 & Meridian) had a skimmer on it as well.
The skimmers were removed in June for Oncue 108 and Shell, the skimmer was removed July 13th for Oncue 103.
The exposure window on the Oncue’s have been as far back as March and Shell is to the beginning of the year.
So if you’ve been to any gas pumps in the city be sure to use caution, always.
Tips: use either our online or mobile banking app to check your account for any unrecognized or
- Monitor your account, like with online banking or mobile banking app that makes it easy to do from anywhere, for suspicious activity or charges.
- The safest pumps to use are near where the attendant can see you, as the skimmers are more likely to use the further pumps so they won’t be seen.
- Use your card inside, that way you can keep an eye on your card.
- These new skimming devices are inside the pump, and cannot be seen, making them impossible to detect.
- Larger cities tend to get new gas stations hit about every three months, and thus are higher risk.
- Utilize real-time banking to spot fraud as soon as it happens.