HOWE—The Howe School Board will meet in a regular board meeting on Monday at 6 p.m. at the Administration Building on the corner of Plum and Railroad Street.
Here is the agenda:
1. Opening flag salute.
3. Call meeting to order and record members present.
4. Approve or disapprove agenda items for the regular board meeting on July 18, 2016.
5. Approve or disapprove minutes for the regular board meeting on June 20, 2016.
6. Approve or disapprove 2016-2017 salary and extra-duty schedules.
7. Approve or disapprove administrative assistant 12-month contract with Peggy Wright for the 2016-2017 school year.
8. Board to consider and take action on a motion approving the renewal of lease purchase agreements as presented by the superintendent.
9. Approve or disapprove the following encumbrances (purchase orders): General fund #1-76; payroll #70001-70018; building fund #1-3; bond fund three #1; reserves for FY ’16 general fund #396-400 and change orders.
10. Approve or disapprove superintendent’s financial report:
a. general fund
b. building fund
c. building bond fund
d. scholarship fund
e. activity fund
11. Superintendent’s report
a. facilities update
d. summer activities
12. Principals’ report on programs and activities
13. Approve or disapprove school activity sub-accounts for the 2016-2017.
14. Approve or disapprove resignations as presented by the superintendent.
15. Approve or disapprove a transportation contract with KTC for the 2016-2017 school year.
16. Approve or disapprove contract with LeFlore Educational Support serves for special education administrative support.
17. Proposed executive session to discuss staff needs for the 2016-2017 school year. 25 Oklahoma Statute Section 307 (B)(1) (7).
18. Vote to convene in executive session.
19. Acknowledge board’s return to open session.
20. Executive session minute’s compliance announcement.
21. Discussion action on the employment of the following positions for the 2016-2017 school year:
special education staff
22. Approve or disapprove the appointment of the following school district positions for the 2016-2017 school year:
Encumbrance clerk—Rachel Krebbs
Activity fund custodian—Rachel Krebbs
Child nutrition custodian—Christie Bennett
Purchasing agent—Scott Parks
Receiving agent—Rachel Krebbs
Agent to receive food commodities—Paulette Kersh
Risk manager for O.S.H.A. programs—Jeremy Dyer
Agent for all federal programs/funds to include e-rate services—Scott Parks
Hearing officer for vocational program complaints—Scott Parks
Hearing officer for federal programs, Title IX and civil rights complaints—Scott Parks
Approval officer for free and reduced lunch applications—Christie Bennett
Agent to assure compliance of AHERA program (asbestos compliance)—Dennis Shoup
504/ADA compliance officer—Scott Parks
Authorized representative to submit the Public Law 874 application—Scott Parks
Special education administrative representative—Scott Parks
23. Approve or disapprove 2016-2017 school year OSSBA policy updates.
24. New business
25. Board member comments.
26. Vote to adjourn.
Copyright 2016 LeFlore County Journal. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Sponsor NEWS or another section of leflorecountyjournal.com.com. Call (918) 649-4712 for more information.
To like LCJ on Facebook, please click HERE.
Follow us on Twitter by clicking HERE
Click HERE to support the Journal.
To submit a story or information, please send an email to [email protected]