CATOOSA—Spiro’s girls dominated the relays at the Class 3A state track meet and won the team state championship.
The Lady Bulldogs finished with 104 points, easily outdistancing second-place Chisholm with 82 points. Heavener came in 15th with 14 points thanks to Barbara Johnson finishing second in the 800 and third in the 3200.
Spiro’s girls won the 4×200 relay, the 100 and 200 meter dash by Kaici Phillips, the 4×100 relay and the 4×400 relay, where the Lady Bulldogs set a new state record with a time of 4.00.83
For the boys, Heavener’s Jacob Hill finished third in the high jump at 6-00.00 and Spiro’s Hunter Clause was fifth in the shot at 46-09.25.
Poteau’s 4×800 relay team for the girls finished fifth.
The full results for the 4A and 3A state track meets can be seen HERE.
100 meter dash
1. Kaici Phillips, Spiro, 12.44; 6. Jimmie Pool, Spiro, 13.04
1. Kaici Phillips, Spiro, 15.80
2. Hannah Tobler, Spiro, 59.13; 6. Miriah Steele, Spiro, 1:00.72
2. Barbara Johnson, Heavener, 2:20.26; 3. Miriah Steele, Spiro, 2:20.89
3. Barbara Johnson, Heavener, 11:55.20
6. Jazmine Hopkins, Spiro, 47.94
1. Spiro (Kaici Phillips, Jimmie Pool, Hannah Tobler, Abena Sey) 49.06
1. Spiro (Kaici Phillips, Jimmie Pool, Hannah Tobler, Miriah Steele) 1:44.44
1. Spiro (Miriah Steele, Abena Sey, Jasmine Hopkins, Hannah Tobler) 4:00.83 (new state meet record)
3. Abena Sey, Spiro, 17-03.75
Team standings: 1. Spiro (103 points); 15. Heavener (14).
5. Poteau (Madison Williamson, Kiara Warren, Kayleigh Shankle, Kylanna Hardaway) 10:04.37
Team standings: 25. Poteau (4 points)
3. Jacob Hill, Heavener, 6-00.00
5. Hunter Clause, Spiro, 46-09.25
Team standings: 22. Heavener (6 points); 29. Spiro (2 points)
Sponsor SPORTS or another section of leflorecountyjournal.com. Call (918) 649-4712 for more information.
Like the Journal? Click HERE to support us.
To submit a story or information, or to make a correction please send an email to [email protected]
To like LCJ on Facebook, please click HERE.
Follow us on Twitter by clicking HERE
Copyright 2017 LeFlore County Journal. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.