EOMC’s surgery department fully booked
By DAVID SEELEY
The Poteau Daily News
POTEAU — The LeFlore County Tax Supported Hospital Authority and the LeFlore County Hospital Authority had their March meetings on Tuesday afternoon at Eastern Oklahoma Medical Center, with two special guests — LeFlore County District 1 Commissioner Vallard Campbell III and District 3 Commissioner Jamie Oliver. Continue reading “EOMC’s surgery department fully booked”
Eddie Bohannon, right, a council person with the Choctaw Nation, presents Heavener City Manager Cody Smith, with the quarterly community partner foundation check.
Support the Ledger/LCj with a subscription for only $5 per month or $50 a year and get our daily newsletter and weekly e-edition.
Early voting starts March 30
Early voting begins for the April 4 elections on March 30 for voters in LeFlore County. Voters who will not be able to make it to the poll on election day have the option of voting early at the county election board. Continue reading “Early voting starts March 30”
Commissioners agree to join lawsuit
By KEN MILAM
LeFlore County commissioners approved a resolution Monday to join a national class action suit against several major retailers for their role in the nationwide opioid addiction crisis. Continue reading “Commissioners agree to join lawsuit”
Commissioners’ agenda 3-20-2023
The LeFlore County commissioners will meet in a regular business meeting 9 a.m. Monday in the office of the board of county commissioners.
- Call to order.
- Minutes of previous meetings.
- Purchase orders/payroll.
- Monthly fee reports.
- Transfer of appropriations.
- Blanket purchase orders.
- New business.
- Current bridge and road projects.
- Contract labor/service agreements.
- Burn ban.
- Conser Road projects.
- CONSIDER AND POSSIBLY APPROVE RESOLUTION REGARDING THE SALE OF COUNTY INVENTORY ITEM # D2-302.126 2008 MACK TRUCK FROM COUNTY COMMISSIONER HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 2 TO COUNTY COMMISSIONER HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 3 FOR THE AMOUNT OF $30,000.00.
- CONSIDER AND POSSIBLY APPROVE RESOLUTION REGARDING CHANGE IN RECEIVING OFFICER FROM NIKKI DUNCAN TO REBECCA “BECKY” CRIPPS, AND REMOVE DARRELL ROBERTS AS REQUISITIONING OFFICER TO BENEFIT COUNTY COMMISSIONER HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 3.
- CONSIDER AND POSSIBLY APPROVE DISPOSING OF EQUIPMENT RECORD ITEM # D1-301.080 CHEVROLET PICK-UP TRUCK TRANSFERRED TO THE TOWN OF FORT COFFEE AS SUBMITTED BY COUNTY COMMISSIONER HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT 1.
- CONSIDER AND POSSIBLY APPROVE CBRI PROJECT NUMBERS 23CBRI-D1-RD-P094 TUCKER ROAD, 23CBRI-D1-RD-P095 AES ROAD, 23CBRI-D1-RD-P096 160TH STREET, AND 23CBRI-D1-RD-P097 270TH AVENUE AS SUBMITTED BY LEFLORE COUNTY COMMISSIONER DEPARTMENT DISTRICT 1.
- CONSIDERATION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING THE SETTLING OF CERTAIN CLAIMS IN PENDING LITIGATION FIELD IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT OF OKLAHOMA, INCLUDING POTENTIAL RESOLUTION OF CERTAIN CLAIMS AGAINST WALMART, WALGREENS, CVS, TEVA, AND ALLERGAN, RELATED TO LAWSUITS AGAINST THESE PHARMACEUTICAL SUPPLY CHAIN PARTICIPANTS OF OPIOID PRESCRIPTION DRUGS AND TAKING APPROPRIATE ACTION INCLUDING POSSIBLE AUTHORIZATION TO SETTLE CLAIMS.
- MEET WITH CLARK WOOD AND DISCUSS WITH POSSIBLE ACTION REGARDING EASEMENT NO. DACW56-2-07-043 LOCATED ON ROBERT S. KERR LOCK AND DAM, ROAD KNOWN AS SHORT MOUNTAIN DRIVE.
- MEET WITH RONNIE MCDONALD FOR DISCUSSION REGARDING PIPE FENCE PUT ON FRUIT FARM ROAD.
- CONSIDER AND POSSIBLY APPROVE DECLARATION OF SURPLUS REGARDING INVENTORY ITEM # D2-301.087 FORD F-750 FROM COUNTY COMMISSIONER HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT DISTRICT 2.
- CONSIDER AND POSSIBLY APPROVE BID NOTICE AND RESOLUTION ADVERTISING TO ACCEPT SEALED BIDS REGARDING THE TRADE IN OF INVENTORY ITEM D2-301.087 2019 FORD F-750 TRUCK AND PURCHASE OF A NEW TRUCK TO BENEFIT COUNTY COMMISSIONER HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT DISTRICT 2.
- REVIEW AND POSSIBLY APPROVE SUBCONTRACT NON-COLLUSION AFFIDAVITS BETWEEN LEFLORE COUNTY AND KIAMICHI ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT OF OKLAHOMA, A.K.A KEDDO, FOR 2023 REAP GRANTS.
- OPEN AND POSSIBLE AWARD BID REGARDING THE PURCHASE OF A NEW FUEL SYSTEM TO BENEFIT COUNTY COMMISSIONER HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT DISTRICT 3.
City sells old police station
By CRAIG HALL
The old police station in downtown Heavener will soon be another memory of a downtown from another era. Continue reading “City sells old police station”
Agendas for HUA, Council 3-16-2023
The Heavener Utilities Authority and City Council will meet in regular business meetings 6 p.m. Thursday in Heavener’s City Hall. Continue reading “Agendas for HUA, Council 3-16-2023”