HOWE–Nancy Cox resigned as a member of the Howe Board of Trustees during Thursday’s meeting and member Les Pierce wanted to dissolve the town’s police department, while the proposal to purchase land around the school ballfields again failed to move forward. Continue reading “Cox resigns as Howe Trustee”
A Wister woman was injured in a single-car accident at approximately 1:50 p.m. on Old Wister Highway, approximately three miles east of Wister. Continue reading “Wister woman injured in wreck”
The LeFlore County commissioners will meet in a regular business meeting 9 a.m. Monday in the office of the board of county commissioners.
- * CALL TO ORDER.
- * MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING(S).
- * PURCHASE ORDERS/PAYROLL (SEE ATTACHED LIST TO BE PRESENTED FOR PAYMENT).
- * BONDS
- * MONTHLY FEE REPORTS.
- * TRANSFER OF APPROPRIATIONS.
- * BLANKET PURCHASE ORDERS.
- * NEW BUSINESS.
- * CURRENT BRIDGE AND ROAD PROJECTS.
- * CONTRACT LABOR/SERVICE AGREEMENTS, ANNUAL CONTRACTS.
- * BURN BAN.
- CONSIDER AND POSSIBLY APPROVE RESIGNATION LETTER AS SUBMITTED BY CRYSTAL SHIPMEN FROM THE LEFLORE COUNTY FAIR BOARD EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.
- CONSIDER AND POSSIBLY APPROVE RESOLUTION REGARDING THE APPOINTMENT OF MARAL HOWELL TO THE LEFLORE COUNTY FAIR BOARD EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.
- CONSIDER AND POSSIBLY APPROVE RESOLUTION DETERMINING MAXIMUM MONTHLY HIGHWAY EXPENDITURES FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER, 2023.
- CONSIDER AND POSSIBLY APPROVE WORK AND PRICING ORDER FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT AS SUBMITTED BY THE LEFLORE COUNTY ASSESSOR BETWEEN DATASCOUT, LLC AND THE LEFLORE COUNTY ASSESSOR.
- REVIEW AND POSSIBLY APPROVE DECLARATION OF SURPLUS AND RESOLUTION REGARDING LEFLORE COUNTY SHERIFF INVENTORY ITEMS TO BE SOLD BY WAY OF PUBLIC AUCTION AT A LATER DATE TO BE DETERMINED. SEE ATTACHED LISTED ITEMS FOR DETAILS.
- REVIEW AND POSSIBLY APPROVE LEFLORE COUNTY 2023 SCHEDULE OF EXPENDITURES OF FEDERAL AWARD (SEFA) REPORT AS PRESENTED BY THE LEFLORE COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE.
- CONSIDER AND POSSIBLY APPROVE RESOLUTIONS AND ORDER TO CONVERT COUNTY ROAD FROM WESTBOUND AND EASTBOUND BI-DIRECTIONAL TRAFFIC TO EASTBOUND ONLY UNI-DIRECTIONAL TRAFFIC REGARDING SCHOOLHOUSE ROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 59, TRAVELING EAST AND STOPPING AT THE JUNCTION OF BOWLES ROAD; AND WESTBOUND ONLY UNI-DIRECTIONAL TRAFFIC REGARDING CHURCH ROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF BOWELS ROAD TRAVELING WEST AND STOPPING AT THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 59, HODGEN, OKLAHOMA, LYING IN OR ADJACENT TO SECTIONS 1 & 12 TOWNSHIP 4 NORTH, RANGE 25 EAST, LEFLORE COUNTY OKLAHOMA DURING PRESENT AND ALL FUTURE HODGEN SCHOOLS HOURS OF OPERATION TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF STUDENTS AND STAFF.
- OPEN AND POSSIBLY AWARD BID REGARDING AES ROAD PROJECT STARTING AT CROSS SECTION HWY 59 TO BENEFIT LEFLORE COUNTY COMMISSIONER HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT DISTRICT 2.
The National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory from noon to 8 p.m. Tuesday in LeFlore County. Continue reading “Heat advisory issued for 9-5-2023”
Early voting for the Sept. 12 elections in the Heavener, Panama and McCurtain School Districts in LeFlore County starts Thursday. Continue reading “Early voting starts 9-7-2023”
A two-car accident at the intersection of Highway 259 and 63 sent a Tennessee woman to the hospital after the accident at approximately 2:29 p.m. approximately four miles east of Muse. Continue reading “Tennessee woman injured in wreck”
Another heat advisory issued by NWS
Another heat advisory issued by NWS for Wednesday in LeFlore County. Continue reading “Another heat advisory issued by NWS”